Like the name suggests, these Chewy Granola Carrot Cake Bites were inspired by carrot cake, the delicious — yet deceivingly unhealthy — dessert we all know and love. Although carrot cake is made with the one good-for-you veggie it’s named for, it’s still loaded with sugar; the frosting alone will send you over the recommended daily limit (which for women is only six teaspoons, according to the American Heart Association). But that doesn’t mean you have to write off carrot cake forever; these guilt-free bites are the perfect way to enjoy it without going overboard. Made with raisins, sweet pure maple syrup, and ground cinnamon, Chewy Granola Carrot Cake Bites come in an adorable muffin-like size that makes them ideal for an on-the-go afternoon pick-me-up.
- 1 cup Hearty Grains & Seeds Hot Cereal
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed grated carrot
- 3⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. oil
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray 24 (1 3/4-inch) mini muffin-pan cups with vegetable cooking spray.
2. Stir the cereal, raisins, pecans, carrot, coconut, water, maple syrup, olive oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, and egg in a large bowl. Spoon about 1 Tbsp. cereal mixture into each muffin-pan cup, pressing down firmly on each with the back of the spoon to flatten.
3. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown and firm. Let the bites cool in the pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
This recipe was originally published by The Soulfull Project.
Check out the video below to watch how this quick-and-easy recipe is made!