Women's Weekly Food
Satisfy your sweet tooth the healthy way with these beautiful flourless chocolate-and-hazelnut cakes from The Australian Women's Weekly and Disney's Healthy Family Eating cookbook. Serve lathered in dairy-free chocolate-avocado frosting for a guilt-free treat after dinner.
Flourless Chocolate Cakes
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate (70-percent cocoa), grated finely
- 3/4 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- Preheat oven to 356 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease an 8-hole, ¾-cup mini loaf pan tray; line bases and sides with baking paper.
- Beat egg yolks, ½ cup of sugar, and the vanilla extract with an electric mixer until thick and pale. Fold in the dark chocolate and ground hazelnuts.
- Beat egg whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar; beat until sugar dissolves between additions and mixture is glossy and stiff. Gently fold egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture and add coconut oil. Pour into pan holes.
- Bake cakes for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Leave in pans for 10 minutes; turn top-side up onto a wire rack to cool.
- Make avocado icing: Blend or process ingredients until smooth and glossy.
- Spread icing onto cooled cakes and top with raspberries.
Tips: Un-iced cakes can be made two days ahead. Store in an airtight container, and frost cakes when they're ready to be served.
This article was written by Women's Weekly Food editors. For more, check out our sister site, Women's Weekly Food.