Don't let the idea of turning out homemade biscuits intimidate you! This quick and simple recipe will have you breaking open a fluffy, tender vegan biscuit before you know it--and you won't be able to tell that they don't have any milk or butter! Coconut oil is the key to this easy side dish, which gives the biscuits their tender, moist crumb that's just begging for a swipe of jam.
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 cups self-rising flour
3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk (from a carton, not the thicker canned variety)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine coconut oil with self-rising flour until combined.
3. Add coconut milk, and stir until combined and the dough comes together in a ball.
4. Turn dough out onto floured surface and roll out.
5. Using a biscuit cutter or round cookie cutter, cut out biscuits and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
6. Roll scraps together to reform the dough into a circle, then cut more biscuits out of the remainder. Repeat until dough is used up.
7. Bake for 10 minutes.
Watch our quick video below to see exactly how it's done!