If you’re battling stubborn belly fat and struggling to lose weight, you don’t have to overhaul your life to start making changes right away. Whether you’d love to lose 8 pounds—or 80—we all know how tough it is to make excess weight around the belly disappear.
To the rescue: Surprising slimming tricks that will give you the losing edge!
- Eating lima beans to burn fat 50% faster. Adding 3/4 cup of these filling legumes to your daily diet can help you burn fat up to 50% faster, Australian research suggests. Lima beans are packed with soluble fiber and other compounds that slow carb absorption, helping your blood sugar stay low and steady. And when your blood sugar is low, your muscles rapidly burn body fat for fuel.
- Feel full faster with olive oil. Top your bread and dinner rolls with a drizzle of olive oil instead of butter. You’ll feel full faster and eat 16% fewer calories per meal.
- Tame cravings with turkey. Are between-meal hunger pangs sabotaging your weight loss goals? Tame them with a slice of turkey. According to UCLA researchers, this lean, high-quality source of protein can shut down cravings—and stop eating jags—for 2-1/2 hours straight.
- Have a muffin to boost your metabolism. Starting your day with a large, filling breakfast that includes something sweet can help you lose more pounds in a year than folks who stick with small, low-carb morning meals, studies suggest.
- Read up to love healthy food more. Reading up on recipes and healthy foods can increase your fruit and vegetable intake 60% or more, say researchers at South Dakota State University in Brookings.