Food to Love
Do you like your food on the spicier side? Then you’ll love this flavorful, curry-inspired recipe! Of course, you can always adjust the heat level to your own preference by adding less of the potent chili pepper. Packed full of crunchy nuts and nutrient-rich cauliflower, it’s perfect all on its own as a light meal or set out alongside your main dish at dinnertime.
- 500 g. cauliflower (about 1/2 a cauliflower), cut into florets
- 2 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 3/4 cup unsalted cashews
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white stem finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 bird's eye (Thai) chili, finely chopped
- 150 g. sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/2 cup basil
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Blanch cauliflower for 2-3 minutes, until almost tender. Drain well and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan on high. Stir-fry nuts and turmeric for 2-3 minutes, until nuts are lightly toasted.
- Add cauliflower, lemongrass, garlic, and chili and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Mix peas through. Stir-fry a further 1-2 minutes. Add basil, tossing well. Serve with rice, if desired.
This recipe originally appeared on our sister site, Food to Love.