Women's Weekly Food
On the hunt for a low-carb side dish that isn't going to make your family run from the dinner table? Then you need to try our smooth and creamy celeriac puree. We love this flavorful puree, which is made from celeriac, aka celery root, as a substitute for mashed potatoes. Not only is it delicious, but it's so easy to make — and you only need four ingredients! Need we say more? To make our Four-Ingredient Celeriac Puree, follow the recipe below.
- 2 cup chicken stock (substitute vegetable stock for a vegetarian dish)
- 1 celeriac, trimmed, peeled, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh chives
- Bring stock to a boil in medium saucepan; add celeriac, return to boil. Reduce heat; simmer covered for about 30 minutes, or until celeriac is tender. Drain.
- Blend or process celeriac in batches with cream until smooth.
- Serve sprinkled with chives.
This recipe originally appeared on our sister site, Women's Weekly Food.