After a long day, it's hard to put together a dinner that's both appetizing and healthy. But with just a few ingredient shortcuts, you can whip up this delicious Mexican-style soup in no time at all. It's packed full of protein-rich black beans and tender chicken pieces simmered in chicken broth for maximum flavor and satiety. This tasty soup can also be topped with avocado slices for a healthy dose of nutritious fats. To make our 10-Minute Chicken and Bean Tortilla Soup, follow the recipe below.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 14 oz. can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup chunky tomato salsa
- 1 chicken breast fillet, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- tortilla strips, to serve
- avocado, to serve
- chopped cilantro sprigs, to serve
- In a medium saucepan heat oil on medium. Saute onion, garlic, and cumin for one to two minutes until onion is tender.
- Mix in stock, tomatoes, beans, corn, and salsa, and bring to boil. Add chicken and simmer three to four minutes until cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Stir in juice and season to taste. Serve topped with tortilla strips, avocado, and cilantro.
You can use leftover shredded BBQ chicken in place of fresh breast and cooked rice in place of beans.
This recipe originally appeared on our sister site, Food to Love.