They're a vital piece of any wardrobe — but when's the last time you browsed for the best rain jackets for women? Whether you live in an area notorious for rain or simply need to get through the rainy season, having a rain coat on hand is always a good idea. But if you're on the hunt for an upgrade, what should you look for? Let's break it down.
How to Pick the Right Rain Jacket for You
Rain jackets are a dime a dozen. Like any piece in your closet, they should fit your specific wants and needs. So, what do you need to know before picking up your next rain jacket? Here are three tips on how to find the right rain jacket for you.
1. Decide on the best weight for you. Whether you're looking for something to get you through warm sun showers or chilly, fall mornings riddled with rain, deciding on the weight of your jacket is the first step to finding the right one. Are you looking for something light to keep you dry, or are you searching for a bulkier piece to last well through the transitional months of fall? Once you decide, the rest is a piece of cake.
2. Decide on the look (and length) you want. Rain jackets come in many shapes and sizes. From cropped jackets and anoraks to high-low hems and trench coats, you have more style options than you think. But with a little research and consideration of what cuts you love on your body, you'll find the best coat for you in a jiff.
3. Take location into consideration. Where will you wear this jacket? If you're looking for the best rain jacket for travel, there's one special consideration you must make — packability. While most rain jackets aren't especially bulky, there are some that pack better than others because they're specifically designed for travel. To make your life easier and save precious packing space, opt for a jacket that's lightweight and easy to store. However, if you're traveling somewhere notorious for cold weather, opt for a heavier jacket.
The Best Rain Jackets for Women
Whether you're trying to keep dry running errands or need something to protect you on your next hike, we've got you covered. Here are four of our favorite rain jacket styles for women.
1. Protective high-low. Searching for the best coverage rain jacket? Look for one sporting a high-low hem. As the name suggest, these jackets are made with longer fabric in the back to ensure all of you stays dry as you trek out in the rain. Plus, they're great for anyone worried about sitting on a wet seat on rainy days.
2. Colorful crop. One of the most popular styles of rain jackets, cropped jackets are great for seasonal use, especially in warmer weather climates. After all, less fabric means less heat and better air circulation for a jacket that will keep you dry without overheating.
3. Modern trench. Most women have a trench coat in their closet, but the modern trench takes it up a notch. Opting out of a fussy belt in favor of pull-buckle side tabs, these coats are better insulated and provide slightly better coverage while still maintaining the style of a classic trench.
4. Cinching anorak. It's no secret that rain jackets aren't the most flattering pieces of apparel. Looking for a jacket that will properly enhance your curves? Reach for one with an anorak design. These jackets cinch at the waist, making the boxy rain jacket a thing of the past.
Want more? Keep scrolling for the best rain jackets for women that'll keep you dry all year long.