Harsh seasonal elements like heat, sun, and water can do a number on our strands and scalp. These genius finds help fend off pesky summer pains like scalp sunburns, color-fading, and scorched-dry hair.
A scalp burn not only hurts, the inflammation can cause hair growth to stall. An SPF powder like Derma E Sun Protection Mineral Powder ($21.95, Ulta) protects your scalp’s tender skin and helps keep your hair lush!
- $21.95, Ulta
- Cruelty-free and 100 percent vegan.
- Formulated without GMOs, gluten, or soy.
- SPF 30
- Formulated with green tea to deliver vital antioxidants, chamomile flower extract to soothe skin, and vitamin E for antioxidant properties.
Chlorine from the pool and salt from the ocean can alter dye molecules, making hair’s natural hue look dull. The fix? A post-swim shampoo like TRISWIM Chlorine Removal Shampoo ($12.95, Amazon). Its magnesium sulfate binds to chemicals and salt, rinsing them away before they can affect hair’s hue.
- Hydrates and moisturizes hair with Aloe Vera, botanicals, Vitamin A and Pro-Vitamin B5.
- Lime & Mango scented.
- Paraben-free, gluten-free & cruelty-free.
- $12.95, Amazon
UV rays can scorch strands, leaving them parched. Sidestep the straw-like results by misting a leave-in spray, like Sun Bum Revitalizing 3-in-1 Leave-In Treatment ($14.99, Ulta), onto damp hair. Its banana extract hydrates, quinoa repairs fried hair, and built-in sunscreen shields locks from further sun damage.
- $14.99, Ulta
- Detangles, conditions, and protects hair while enhancing and restoring its natural body.
- Helps controls frizz, prevent split ends, and keep color from fading.
- Sulfate-free, paraben-free, vegan, cruelty-free, and UV-protecting.
We write about products we think our readers will like. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the supplier.
This article originally appeared in our print magazine.