National Honey Board
Looking for a quick-and-easy brunch idea? These Baked Honey Bacon Benedict muffins are perfect for unexpected get-togethers or whenever you're in a pinch and need a fast fix for the kids. Made with thick and juicy bacon, sweet and sticky honey, and freshly-made Hollandaise sauce, this satisfying breakfast item is sure to be a family favorite.
4 Tbsp. butter
1 package english muffins, split
1 lb. thick bacon
1/4 cup honey
1 dozen eggs
Salt and pepper to taste
2 packages Hollandaise sauce
2 cups two percent milk
1 stick butter
Fresh parsley or chives and paprika for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spread each muffin half with butter and bake for 10 minutes on a sheet pan, set aside.
3. Spread the bacon out on a parchment lined sheet pan and drizzle with the honey. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes turning once. Remove each piece of bacon to a cooling rack to drain and cool. Cut each piece of bacon in half.
4. Prepare the hollandaise sauce according to the package directions and keep warm.
5. Place the muffin halves on a sheet pan and evenly divide the bacon over each muffin. Gently break one egg over each muffin half and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the eggs a cooked to your preference.
6. Serve immediately and top with warm hollandaise. Garnish with fresh herbs and a sprinkle of paprika.
Tip: You can use the traditional method of poaching the eggs if you prefer, but this method of baking the eggs is much easier and great for entertaining.
This recipe was originally published on the <a target="blank" href="https://www.honey.com/recipe/baked-honey-bacon-benedict">National Honey Board._
Feeling bloated? Check out the video below for eight foods that'll banish bloating for good: