Looking for a recipe to warm your bones this winter? Look no further than this easy and delicious hearty minestrone. Minestrone soup is a complete meal in a bowl. Tasty, hot, and packed with vegetables, it's a perfect winter comfort food. To make our hearty minestrone soup, follow the recipe below.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 beef sausages
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 quart vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 cans (14 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14 oz.) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cups mall shell pasta (or other small soup pasta)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- crusty bread, to serve
- Heat half of the oil in a large saucepan on high. Brown sausages for two to three minutes, turning. Cool, slice, set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan on high. Saute onion and garlic for two to three minutes or until onion is tender. Add celery, carrot and zucchini. Cook for four to five minutes, until tender.
- Return sausages to pan with stock, tomatoes, and water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Stir in beans, cabbage, and pasta. Simmer for a further eight to ten minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir through parsley. Serve with crusty bread.
This recipe was originally written by Now to Love editors. For more, check out our sister site, Now to Love.