From one Midwestern-born woman to countless others, let's take a moment to appreciate the beauty of our nation's heartland, and everything about it that makes it what it is.
1) It is totally possible to experience all four seasons in one week.
2) You know what schools are in the Big Ten, and you have a strong opinion on which team is your favorite.
3) You know what a covered bridge is, and you know either a really beautiful or really scary story about one.
4) "Puppy chow" is not a snack that's meant for dogs.
5) And "taco in a bag" is not Mexican takeout.
6) Corn isn't just a food; it's a lifestyle.
7) Speaking of corn, you can drive for hours and see virtually nothing but gorgeous cornfields.
8) You don't blink when you see an entire tractor sharing the road with you.
9) You know county fairs are really just an excuse to deep fry everything in sight.
10) And that a frozen piece of cheesecake coated in chocolate on a stick is a totally acceptable snack at said fairs.
11) When you hear "beach" you think of the Great Lakes, not the ocean.
12) When you say "the city" or "downtown," chances are high you're talking about Chicago.
13) They're tennis shoes, not sneakers. Even when you're not playing tennis.