If there’s one thing we love about holiday baking, it’s the perk of adding seasonal ingredients like pumpkin to recipes. But even though your human family members enjoy your pumpkin desserts around the dinner table, your pet dog might feel a little left out if the sweets aren’t safe for pups to eat, too. If that sounds like your precious pup, fear not: PetSmart has a new dog-friendly pumpkin biscuit recipe that’s perfect for your fur baby to enjoy the whole holiday season.
Yielding about 8 to 10 biscuits — depending on size — this homemade dog food recipe is pretty much guaranteed to warm your pup’s heart, no matter how cold it is outside. We could all use a little pick-me-up to treat ourselves during the holiday season, and your doggo is no different. If you think about it from your dog’s perspective, there’s really no point in settling for the same old treats you give your good boy or girl all year round. After all, your smart pup certainly knows it’s an exciting time of year (why else would there be so many different humans over at the house?), so it’s worth including your furry family member in your celebrations. But whether you invite your dog to mingle with guests at your Christmas party or prepare pup-friendly gifts for them under the tree, we think this pumpkin dog biscuit recipe is the perfect way to kick off the holiday spirit for your pup.
- 1/2 cup of Authority Pumpkin Puree (PetSmart, $2.49)
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Your favorite holiday or dog-bone-shaped cookie cutter
- Combine all ingredients and mix until blended.
- Use your rolling pin to work the mixture flat.
- Use the cookie cutter of your choice.
- Place on greased or non-stick cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool before serving.
Next, watch some good dogs react to being told how good they are in the adorable video below: