Rich, sweet, and chocolatey, these zesty Four-Ingredient Paleo Brazil Nut Bars with Carob and Orange Zest are completely guilt-free. Naturally sweetened with superfoods like dates and carob, these bars are packed full of energy and make a great healthy dessert or snack. Plus, if you don’t have Brazil nuts handy, you can substitute them with most other types of nuts. To make our super simple, Four-Ingredient Paleo Brazil Nut Bars With Carob and Orange Zest, follow the recipe below.
- 1 cup Brazil nuts
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup carob, cocoa or cacao powder, plus extra for dusting (optional)
- 1 orange, zest and juice of half
- Put Brazil nuts in a food processor and process into a dense flour. Add the remaining ingredients, and continue to process until the mixtures starts to come together like a dough.
- Press the mixture evenly into a lined tin, and then place in the fridge or freezer to set for at least one hour.
- Slice into bars, and then dust with a little extra carob if desired. The bars can be stored at room temperature, but they are best kept in the fridge.
This recipe originally appeared on our sister site, Women’s Weekly Food.