Just because you’re following the 5-2 fasting diet doesn’t mean you’re limited to boring, bland meals. This tasty Asian-inspired seafood recipe is packed full of flavor, with zesty lime juice and sweet chili sauce; and luckily, it’s still low in calories. To make our Low-Cal Chili and Lime Pan-Fried Fish, follow the recipe below.
- 1 Tbsp. sweet chili sauce
- 2 tsp. salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 4 oz. trimmed gain lan (Chinese broccoli)
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 4-oz. piece firm white fish fillet
- black salt, to serve
- Combine sauces and juice in a small bowl.
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium-heat. Add gai lan and the water; cook for 3 minutes or until just tender. Transfer to a serving plate; cover to keep warm.
- Heat same pan over high heat. Cook fish for 2 minutes each side or until just cooked through. Add 1 tablespoon of the chili sauce mixture; cook, turning fish for 30 seconds or until mixture coats fish.
- Spoon remaining chili sauce mixture over gai lan; top with fish. Sprinkle with black salt.
This recipe originally appeared on our sister site, Women’s Weekly Food.