Looking for Thanksgiving appetizer tray ideas that will wow your family — including the in-laws? This combination of colorful lettuce leaves and veggie slices transform a traditional crudités tray into a charming Turkey Day appetizer that’s sure to inspire smiles! You can also substitute ingredients based on what is available and fresh in your area for maximum scrumptiousness. We share our method below, but you really can’t go wrong with your own veggie tray shaped like a turkey for your family’s feast.
- 1 yellow squash
- Curly leaf lettuce
- Red and yellow endive leaves
- Red, yellow, orange, and/or green peppers, sliced
- Seedless cucumbers, sliced
- 1 radish
- Cream cheese
- Olive slices
Roasted Red Pepper Ricotta Dip
- 1 scallion
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry
- Slice off half a yellow squash lengthwise and place on a lettuce-lined platter to create the turkey’s head.
- Place cucumbers, peppers, and endive leaves around head for feathers.
- Use cream cheese to attach a slice of orange bell pepper and half a radish to create the beak and wattle.
- Layer olive slices and peppercorns for the eyes.
- Finish the turkey off with red bell peppers for the feet.
- For the dip, puree scallion, garlic, and basil 30 seconds in a food chopper, or until finely chopped.
- Add ricotta and peppers to the puree for another 30 seconds, or until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper, and transfer to a serving bowl. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
Active time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes