We already know you love cauliflower pizza. This version of the low-carb favorite adds the rich flavors of grilled bell peppers, bocconcini cheese (a type of mozzarella), and salty chorizo. This veggie-heavy pizza is sure to be a hit with the whole family. To make our Cauliflower Pizza with Grilled Peppers and Chorizo, follow the recipe below.
- 1 medium cauliflower, grated
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 chorizo, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup char-grilled bell pepper strips
- 3.5 oz. bocconcini cheese, drained
- Basil leaves to serve
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large pizza tray with baking paper.
- Place cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for eight to ten minutes until tender. Drain well, then squeeze out any excess moisture.
- Transfer cauliflower to a bowl with cheeses and egg. Season and mix well. Press mixture firmly out over tray to make an even half-inch-thick round. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until lightly golden.
- Spread sauce over base. Top with chorizo, onion, capsicum, and bocconcini.
- Bake for a further eight to ten minutes until cheese melts. Serve topped with basil leaves.
Cauliflower is full of antioxidants, rich in fiber and vitamin C, and is a natural detoxifier and an anti-inflammatory.
This recipe originally appeared on our sister site, Food to Love.