When it comes to pizza, you’re probably used to typical toppings like pepperoni, mushrooms, and onions. Why not mix it up a bit and add a little greenery to that cheesy pie? This asparagus-topped flatbread pizza is full of flavor and will only set you back 120 calories. What’s more, you’ll get a little boost of protein from the yogurt-infused crust — making this pie a healthier option than your typical delivery or store-bought pizza.
- 1 ½ cup self-rising flour
- ¾ cup siggi’s yogurt
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ cup water + 1 Tbsp.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. siggi’s yogurt
- 4 Tbsp. parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Sliced asparagus
- Sliced snap peas
- Fresh mint
- Fresh tarragon
- Lemon zest
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, combine the self-rising flour, siggi’s yogurt, and salt. Turn the mixer on low speed and gradually add the water to the bowl. Continue to mix on medium speed until the dough comes together into a ball, be sure to scrape down the sides. The dough should be moist and slightly sticky.
2. Remove the dough from the mixer to a clean counter top. Dust the dough with flour and knead with the heel of your palm until it becomes smooth, about 5 minutes. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let it rest on the counter for 20 minutes.
3. Sprinkle the counter with a light dusting of flour and place the dough ball in the center. Divide the dough into 6 balls and cover them with a kitchen towel. Take one dough ball and with a rolling pin roll out from the center. Continue rolling until the dough is about 1/4-inch thick. The flatbread should be about 6 inches by 9 inches. Follow the same procedure for the remaining 5 dough balls.
4. Place a large skillet over medium heat. When the pan is hot, gently place the flatbread in the skillet. Cook about 2 minutes per side and remove from the pan. Wrap the flatbread in a kitchen towel while you cook the other 5.
1. Combine ricotta cheese, siggi’s yogurt, and the Parmesan in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Spread on top of the flatbread all the way to the edge. Sprinkle the asparagus and snap peas on top. Place on a sheet pan and place under the broiler until the edges of the flatbread turn brown and cheese is warm. Remove from the oven and top with the mint, tarragon and lemon zest.
This recipe was originally published by siggi’s.