Zucchini “pasta” is a sneaky way to satisfy your pasta-cravings without the extra carbs.
- 4 large zucchinis
- 1/3 cup flaked almonds, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups baby arugula leaves
- 1/3 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/3 cup light olive oil
- 1/4 cup warm water
- cooking oil spray
- 2 cups cooked skinless shredded chicken
- 1 fresh long red chilli, sliced thin
1. Using a vegetable peeler, cut zucchini into ribbons. Stack zucchini ribbons on a clean work surface and cut into long matchsticks.
2. To make pesto, process almonds until finely chopped. Add arugula, basil, parmesan, garlic, and oil. Process until the ingredients are well-combined. With motor running, gradually add the warm water until smooth.
3. Spray a large frying pan with oil and heat over moderate heat. Add zucchini. Cook and stir for three minutes or until tender. Add chicken. Cook and stir until heated. Remove from heat. Add pesto, then toss to combine. Serve sprinkled with chilli.
This post was written by Food to Love editors. For more, check out our sister site Food to Love.