Have you heard the buzz about kombucha? The fermented black tea contains live active probiotic cultures that are said to boost gut health by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Plus, it tastes delish! And now you can enjoy your kombucha in an even more fun way — as a cocktail!
Kombucha is a much healthier mixer than soda or juice and comes in so many flavors to pair with your favorite boozy beverages. You also feel good about giving your body a dose of healthy nutrients as you partake in a little fun. And what a better time to do so than during the Academy Awards?
Hollywood’s biggest night always calls for a celebratory cocktail or two. So rather than rack up extra calories during your Oscar party this Sunday, why not try one of these Oscar-themed kombucha cocktails instead? Your guests will get a kick out of their names and the yummy kombucha, too!
Check out the recipes below.
The Irishman Kombucha Sour
If you happened to catch The Irishman and are craving a little Irish Whiskey, serve up this cocktail! Ginger-lemon kombucha gives it a slightly sour taste while agave syrup gives it a hint of sweetness. The Irishman is nominated for best picture and this drink might just win as a favorite amongst your guests!
- Health-Ade Ginger Lemon Kombucha
- 1 part premium whiskey
- 1 part agave simple syrup
- Garnish with lemon wheel and candied ginger
- Combine whiskey, agave simple syrup and Health-Ade Ginger Lemon Kombucha in a
- cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well until chilled. Pour over ice in the Kapelle DOF Glass.
- Garnish with lemon wheel and candied ginger for a delicious + refreshing cocktail!
Scarlet-Red Johansson Margarita
Tequila tequila! If you’re a tequila fan, you’ll love this cocktail made with silver tequila and sweet cherry-berry kombucha. Trust us — you’ll want the whole pitcher to yourself.
This drink is of course inspired by Scarlet Johansson, who is only the 12th person to receive two acting nominations in the same year. Johansson is nominated for both best actress and best supporting actress for her performances in Marriage Story and Jojo Rabbit respectively.
- 2 -16oz. Bottles Cherry-Berry Health-Ade Kombucha
- ½ Cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 6 Ounces Silver Tequila
- 2 Ounces Simple Syrup
- In a pitcher combine Cherry-Berry Health-Ade kombucha, lime juice and simple syrup – then add tequila, stirring to combine.
- Fill 4 glasses with ice and optional salt rim and equally distribute cocktail mix.
- Garnish with lime slices & fresh basil.
Once Upon a Lime… In Hollywood Tropical Punch
If rum is more your speed, you’ll love this cocktail that turns it into a tropical dream. Mango nectar, lime juice, and mint add a fresh, fruity taste you’ll love. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is nominated this year for Best Picture, and it's cast and crew members could take home the award in nine other categories!
- 6 oz Light Rum
- 6 Tbs Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/4 Cup Mango Nectar
- ½ Cup Health-Ade Tropical Punch
- Handful Fresh Mint
- Lime Slices for Garnish
- Add all ingredients up to the mango nectar into a shaker full of ice. Shake well and serve over ice.
- Top each glass off with Health-Ade Tropical Punch Kombucha.
- Garnish with a slice of lime and mint sprig. Enjoy!
This one is for the girl who enjoys herself a wine spritzer. Sweet white wine paired with bubbly kombucha and fresh fruit make this beverage the perfect for a group of your favorite ladies. The Joker is nominated for 11 Oscars this year, including Best Picture!
Serves: 6 – 8
- 1 bottle (16 oz) Power Greens Health-Ade Kombucha
- 1 bottle (750 ml) Sweet White Wine, like Sauvignon Blanc, or Riesling
- ½ cup Vodka
- 1 Granny Smith Apple sliced
- 1 Bartlett Pear cubed
- 2 Kiwis peeled and sliced
- 1 Lime Sliced
- 1 cup Green Grapes
- In a large pitcher, stir together the Power Greens Health-Ade Kombucha, wine, and vodka.
- Add in the sliced fruit and stir to combine. Place in the fridge to chill.
- Add ice before serving, if desired, but do not add too far in advance as it will melt and water down the sangria. Stir just prior to serving. Pour into glasses.