This patriotic pie will make your celebration extra special—any way you slice it!
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese
12 Tbs. (1 1/2 sticks) *butter, *diced
2 cups flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 egg white, lightly beaten
2 Tbs. clear coarse sparkling sugar
1 can (21 oz.) blueberry-pie filling
2 cans (42 oz.) cherry pie filling
1. For crust: Using mixer on medium, beat cream cheese and butter 1 min. or until smooth. Add flour, granulated sugar and vanilla extract. Beat 1 min. or just until dough forms. Divide dough into 2/3 and 1/3 portions. Shape each portion into disk; cover with plastic wrap and chill 1 hr.
2. Heat oven to 425°F. Grease 9" pie plate. On floured work surface, roll out 2/3 dough disk to 13" circle. Line prepared pie plate with dough; trim edges. Chill until needed. On floured work surface, roll 1/3 dough disk into 11" circle. Using fluted pastry wheel, cut four 3/4"-wide strips from center of circle; cut one strip in half. With 1 1/8" star-shaped cutter, cut out 8 to 10 small stars. Using 1 1/2" star-shaped cutter, cut 40 large stars from remaining dough, rerolling scraps if needed; set aside stars.
3. Drain and discard the liquid from 1 can of cherry pie filling, then combine the drained cherries with the second can of cherry pie filling.
4. Fold a 10" length of aluminum foil into thirds; bend to create L shape. Place foil in upper-left corner of pie plate to create 90-degree wedge, folding in edges to fit as needed. Place 1/2 cup cherry mixture inside foil wedge; top with 1/2 cup blueberry mixture. Spoon remaining blueberry mixture into bottom of pie shell on other side of foil wedge; top with remaining cherry mixture. Gently remove foil wedge.
5. Arrange dough strips across cherry portion of pie, cutting to fit. Press large stars onto crust edges, slightly overlapping. Arrange small stars over blueberry section. Place pie plate on foil-lined baking sheet. Brush dough strips and stars with egg white; sprinkle with sparkling sugar. Cover pie edges with foil. Bake 20 min. Reduce oven temp. to 350°F. Bake 40 min. or until done, removing foil from edge during last 10 min. Let cool.
Active time: 45 min.
Total time: 3 hrs.
Your life just got exponentially better and more stylish now you've signed up for our newsletter. Fabulousness awaits!