When cat owner Elizabeth Mackie found her beloved kitten covered in orange pollen, she turned to social media for advice on how to get it off. Sadly, she was in for a horrific surprise.
The pollen had come from lily flowers that Mackie had perched on her windowsill, where the cat liked to sit. Little did she know, lilies are poisonous to cats. When her friends alerted her of their deadliness, she rushed her pet to the vet immediately. But it was too late. The cat died later that day.
Now, Mackie is petitioning for florists and supermarkets to put warnings on lilies, so other cat owners don't suffer the same grief she did. But in the meantime, pass along this information to any cat owner you know. You could save their pets' lives!
Your life just got exponentially better and more stylish now you've signed up for our newsletter. Fabulousness awaits!