Elegant and light as a cloud, this piped meringue pavlova is filled with a luscious lemony cream and fresh fruit for a dessert that will dazzle from first sight to last bite.
3 large egg whites, at room temp.
4 tsp. cornstarch, divided
1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice, divided
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup superfine sugar
Red food coloring
2 cups fresh raspberries
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup sliced strawberries
1 Tbs. blackberry liqueur (optional)
1/4 cup seedless *raspberry jam, *melted
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup lemon curd
3 cups assorted fresh berries
1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
1. Heat oven to 200°F. Using 8" round cake pan, trace circle onto piece of parchment paper. Using 1 7/8" cookie cutter, trace 11 circles around large circle, overlapping edges of each small circle with larger circle by 1/2"; flip paper over and place on baking sheet.
2. Using mixer on medium speed, beat egg whites, 3 tsp. cornstarch, 1 tsp. lemon juice and salt 1 min. or until frothy. Increase speed to medium-high. Beat 1 min. or until soft peaks form, slowly adding superfine sugar 1 Tbs. at a time. Stir in enough food coloring to create desired pink color. Increase speed to high. Beat 2 min. or until stiff peaks form. Spoon meringue into pastry bag fitted with star tip (like Ateco #863).
3. Pipe 1/2 tsp. meringue under each corner of parchment paper to adhere. Pipe around each small circle 4 times to create 2"-high spiral. Fill each spiral halfway with meringue. Pipe remaining meringue inside larger circle to fill; smooth center with spatula. Bake 1 1/2 hrs. Turn off oven. Let meringue sit in oven 1 hr. with door closed. Remove; let cool completely.
4. Meanwhile, in bowl, combine 1 tsp. cornstarch and 1 tsp. cold water. In covered pot over medium-low heat, cook raspberries and granulated sugar 5 min. or until sugar is dissolved; stir in cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil. Let boil 30 sec. or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Add strawberries, liqueur and 1/2 tsp. lemon juice. Let cool completely.
5. Place pavlova on serving platter. Spread raspberry jam in center. Using mixer on medium-high speed, beat heavy cream 2 min. or until soft peaks form. Gently fold lemon curd into whipped cream. Spoon lemon mixture into pavlova. Top with assorted berries and sliced kiwi. Serve with fruit sauce.
Active time: 30 min.
Total time: 3 hrs.
Your life just got exponentially better and more stylish now you've signed up for our newsletter. Fabulousness awaits!