We need coffee to survive (OK, not really, but kinda), but gosh darn it, it's expensive. A latte here and a macchiato there add up pretty quickly, and before you know it, you've got a credit card bill with an eye-watering amount of Starbucks purchases. Fortunately, there are a few ways to save money on your morning cup of joe — or better yet — to get it for free. Keep reading to learn how to save money at Starbucks.
Starbucks is so addicting because in addition to coffee, they also serve tons of teas, juice, and smoothies. But before we send you off with this newfound knowledge, let's go over coffee etiquette. We don't blame you for looking over the menu for 10 minutes as long as you wait off to the side. (Trust us, you don't want to tick off a long line of people who need their caffeine.) So please, please, please don't be that woman who gets to the front of the line and doesn't have her order ready. Got it? Good! Now let's move on to the fun stuff:
(Photo Credit: Giphy)
1. If you want a Starbucks Refresher — a caffeinated juice drink made with green coffee extract — but don't want to pay the full amount, order a tea or lemonade and ask to add a refresher base instead of water.
2. You can make your own iced latte by ordering however many shots of espresso you want and the amount of pumps syrup you want over ice. Then, just use the milk at the condiment bar.
(Photo Credit: Giphy)
3. If you don't want to pay for a latte, you can also order a Caffè Misto. It's just brewed coffee with steamed milk, and you can still add espresso shots.
4. If you have a Starbucks card or the Starbucks app, you can get free refills on brewed coffee and teas while you're in the store. You can also sign up for rewards and get a free drink on your birthday!
5. Starbucks isn't supposed to charge for milks on iced coffees, so ask for almond, coconut, and soy milk for free.
6. Instead of paying for a chai tea latte, just asked for the brewed chai tea bag. They will normally just give you hot water with it, but you can ask for steamed milk instead.
Now that you'll never overpay again at Starbucks, just think of all the extra money you'll have to do fun things like get your nails done, treat yourself to lunch, or go completely wild and order an afternoon coffee (because who cares about sleep schedules?)!
Starbucks Added Two Brand-New Holiday Drinks and Spoiler They're Delicious
7 Signs You're Hooked on Coffee
9 Health Benefits You Get in Every Cup of Coffee