There’s nothing like capturing a cute baby photo--beaming smiles and all--only to realize later that something horrifically unexpected was happening in the photo. Well, prepare for an almighty shiver, because this latest image reveals a tiny tot just short of a catastrophic situation.
A mom has shared a picture of her cherubic 2-year-old, featuring a not-so-friendly guest that will undoubtedly give you a major fright.
When you first look at Bianca Dickinson’s picture of darling little Molly, you won’t notice it, but it’s there: a massive eastern brown snake. The child grins and seems to be pointing to an object off in the distance, happily unaware of the giant creature gliding just inches from her feet. Yikes!
Bianca was taking pictures of Molly at the end of her driveway in the Australian countryside when she noticed the enormous snake slithering past. Luckily, she kept her cool and didn’t move to grab Molly until the snake was well away from the little girl. She was afraid if she’d snatched her, she could’ve startled the snake. We’re guessing that could have been what saved Molly from enduring the snake’s nasty bite—which is venomous (in fact, the eastern brown snake has the second deadliest toxin of all land snakes).
“I can’t believe it didn’t touch her,” Bianca wrote in a post on Facebook. “Once I was home, I checked my camera and found this shot.”
Luckily, little Molly was blissfully oblivious to the snake. And although the snake was frighteningly close, it thankfully didn’t make moves to attack the young girl (phew!).
The photo really does send shivers down your spine! We can't even imagine the horror Molly's mother must have felt in the moment, but we're glad the little tot made it out safe and sound--that was definitely a close call.
This post was written by Lorna Gray. For more, check out our sister site Now To Love.