The average pain au chocolat recipe takes time--and patience--which is why we came up with this quick and easy recipe to get you chocolate croissants in a hurry. But we added a deliciously creamy twist to the breakfast pastry: a healthy helping of peanut butter. Because when it comes to baked goods, it doesn't get much better than the heavenly combination of peanut butter and chocolate.
Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Croissants
1 package store-bought crescent roll dough
Creamy peanut butter
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Powdered sugar, for dusting
1 egg (optional)
1. Open crescent roll dough package and separate all eight pieces onto a lightly greased baking tray.
2. Put two large spoonfuls of peanut butter into a microwave-safe container. Microwave for 30 seconds, or until slightly warm and easily spreadable.
3. Spread a small amount of peanut butter (approximately 1 teaspoon) on each section of crescent roll dough.
4. Sprinkle each section generously with semi-sweet chocolate chips.
5. Roll the sections of dough into crescent shapes.
6. Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
7. Dust lightly with powdered sugar. Serve hot.
Optional: Whisk egg in a mug and brush each crescent lightly with it before putting them in the oven for even more golden tops when they're done baking.