It's enough to give perfectionist brides all over the world nightmares about everything that could go wrong on the big day.
Newlyweds Allison Russoniello and Kevin Duffy were on the dance floor at their New Jersey reception when something happened to stun the couple: An employee of the reception hall grabbed the microphone and loudly announced that everyone would have to evacuate the facility immediately. At first, the bride thought it was all a big joke.
"My family is all jokers and pranksters, so I was like, this is funny, who set this one up?" she told TODAY.
But this was no prank; someone had smelled a strange burning odor and alerted the venue's staff, who decided to immediately empty the premises just to be safe. As firefighters began streaming into the venue to investigate, the brazen bride had an idea.
"I turned to Kevin and said, 'This stinks, but we're going on the fire truck,'" said Russoniello.
The couple's creative photographer, Drew Noel, followed, and ended up snapping some of the most memorable wedding photos any couple could have imagined.
DON'T MISS: Wedding Photographer Snaps Photo the Moment Bridesmaids Spot Dangerous Scene Unfolding
"Nothing could spoil their day, not even an evacuation at their wedding," said Noel, who was able to capture unique shots like the bride being hoisted overhead by a group of firefighters.
After about 30 minutes, guests were assured that the strange smell was the result of a faulty refrigerator compressor in the kitchen and that no one had been injured.
Days later, a grateful Russoniello contacted the fire department to thank them for making sure her wedding day was safe--and fun.
“I said, ‘You protected people, you served people,'" she said. "'I can’t be mad at you for evacuating the best night of my life. I have to laugh about it!’"
See more of the wild photos here.
NEXT: See 12 more emergency situations that turned into AMAZING wedding photos.
Someone's totally unimpressed! via Instagram