Whether you think of grandma’s signature dessert or the famous Magnolia Bakery’s recipe when someone mentions banana pudding, you’ll flip for this reinvention of the creamy classic. We took the same vanilla and banana flavors you love and turned them into a frozen dessert perfect for the hottest days of summer.
Makes 6 pudding pops
1 ½ cups heavy cream
1 ¼ cups water
7 oz sweetened condensed milk
⅓ cup vanilla pudding mix
Nilla wafers, crushed
2 bananas, sliced
1. In a large bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form. This can be done by hand or in a standing mixer. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together water, pudding mix, and condensed milk until they're combined and there are no lumps. Let sit for at least 5 minutes, until it thickens.
3. Add pudding mixture to whipped cream and gently fold together until just combined.
4. Add 1 1/2 to 2 sliced bananas (we sliced them into quarters) and crushed Nilla wafers to taste. Gently fold until combined.
5. Spoon mixture into six cups. Gently tap cups on the counter to remove air bubbles from the pudding.
6. Add more crushed Nilla wafers to the top of each pudding cup, and stick a popsicle stick into the center of each one.
7. Freeze pops for at least four hours.
8. Thaw pops roughly five minutes before pulling from cups and enjoying.
Your life just got exponentially better and more stylish now you've signed up for our newsletter. Fabulousness awaits!