Indianapolis mom Brittany Dixson trusted her babysitter with her seven-month-old daughter, Annora. But she fired her after a stranger posted a video on Facebook of the two of them at a water play area.
As you can see in the video below, the babysitter placed the infant on the possibly hot cement of the splash park, directly underneath an overhead bucket. Moments later, a large amount of water poured out, dousing and frightening the little girl.
RELATED: Nervous Dad's Extremely Detailed Instructions for Babysitter Are a Must-See
Though the sitter was quick to scoop up the terrified child, the baby was now at risk for dry drowning, when someone's lungs fill up with water some time after initially coming into contact with it. A person may seem fine for hours, but then may die.
The video, which another woman shared out of concern for the child's health, quickly went viral among Indianapolis-area residents, and Dixson, herself, saw it pop up in her newsfeed while at work.
RELATED: When Child's Lunch Money Account Hit Zero, School Did the Most Mortifying Thing
“When I first saw the video it was just like why would you put a child underneath so much water at once?” she told 24-Hour News8.
And then she realized the woman in the purple bathing suit was her babysitter--and the drenched baby on the ground was her daughter.
She soon picked up her daughter and told the sitter what she had seen.
“She was basically apologizing to me the whole time telling me how she’s so sorry, she really didn’t know that was the bucket that had the most water in it that dumped on her,” she said.
Dixson then whisked Annora to a nearby emergency room to get her checked out. Doctors told her she did the right thing, but luckily, Annora was given a clean bill of health.
While Dixson has forgiven the caregiver, she no longer feels comfortable letting her look after Annora.
Your life just got exponentially better and more stylish now you've signed up for our newsletter. Fabulousness awaits!